Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

I so very much enjoy having conversations with our little two and a half year old Full House. The things he comes up with:

I'm often amazed at the sheer vocabulary of words our little man has:
When asking for blueberries
Full House: I want big, huge, MONSTER blueberries!

Driving home
Full House: Look, daddy! Our intersection!

Climbing on his crib
Full House: I'm an acrobat

It is probably no surprise based on who this little man's dad is that he likes sports. He's still learning the details though. He likes to play with his tee-ball which he calls "hit the ball bat." Several times after fantastic hits he's been known to yell:
Full House: Yay! Go Red Sox! Touchdown!

When he gets angry, he tends to want to bite things, particularly that thing which is frustrating him. Nine times out of ten, that's mommy or daddy:
Mommy: Are you biting mommy?!
Full House: No, I'm CHEWING mommy!

And little ones take things so literally. One day, after he tumbled off the couch and bumped his little head on our hard wood floor:
Mommy: (Seeking the injured body part) Oh, little man! What did you hit?
Full House: The floor!
Mommy: (trying desperately not to laugh) and what hurt?
Full House: The wood!

Often, you can get a good sense of how others see you by what your kids say. One day, Full House wanted to listen to his music in daddy's car. Daddy tried to explain why that wouldn't work:
Daddy: Your music is on a CD, mommy's car has a CD player. Daddy's car has a cassette player.
Full House: Oh... I see. (He really says this.) Mommy's car has a CD player.
Daddy: That's right, and Daddy's car has a...?
Full House: (He thinks for a minute) Daddy's car has a BASEBALL player!

I can't even begin to put into words how thankful I am that the Queen of Hearts is my wife and the mother of my children. She is immeasurably amazing. For as wonderful I think my son is, the credit belongs to her. We just celebrated six years together, I hope for sixty more. And I hope that I never make her feel taken for granted. She is my life. And that's a fact, not just my opinion.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks so much for this post Marc, I often wonder how your little family is doing. I understand not wanted to post over and over about what your Full House and Wild Card are doing, but it's nice to see once in a while. :)

Marc said...

Kerri? as in Kerri Lasky?

Another good way to stay up to date on how the family is doing is to visit the Queen of Heart's blog:

Itscalledguilt.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yup, it's Kerri Lasky! :)
And I've been keeping up with her blog too ever since you posted the link to it a while ago. I'm an avid reader of this blog by the way, it's part of my morning ritual to check it when I get in to work. I'm really glad that you guys are doing so well (and I'm despirate to see pictures of the little ones at some point)!

Anonymous said...

I love your Full House and Wild Card! I cannot get over my favorite little boy! I also love how much you love my sister. Can't wait to see you all for Thanksgiving!

ps.. I really enjoy reading your blog...I just never feel smart enough to comment on most things!

Marc said...

Malina!

Thanks for the comment. Please don't ever feel as though you aren't "smart enough" to comment. You've see what some OTHER people write!

Please, ALWAYS comment if you have something to say!