Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Boy

There are various stages in the life of a young man: Infant, Baby, Toddler, Little Boy, Boy, Young Man, Tween, Adolescent, Teen, Young Adult, etc. Each stage has it's own rite of passage, if you will. If there was any doubt, Today, Full House solidified his "Boy" status.

Every now and then (ok, basically all the time), Full House and I wrestle. He jumps on me, I tickle him, he climbs on me, etc. Today, as he was running to jump on me, I rolled over. As I did so my elbow came in contact with his bottom lip.

Did he cry? Nope. Did he scream? Nope. Did he bleed? Yup.

There you have it, my little Full House bled without shedding a single tear.

Now I have a Boy.

2 comments:

ahartley said...

so if i understand this correctly...did you become a man that time you ran into that other guy in a flag football game at gordon? cuz you bled a lot. oh wait no, you cried like a baby.

Marc said...

I did NOT cry. I'll have you know. Even though my shatterproof lenses shattered and I gushed blood from my face.

Thank you very much.