Sunday, November 04, 2012

2012 Voting Booth Vol. VII

My final two thoughts are admittedly not as crucial, but still interesting.

Michelle's Spending

The President's irresponsible spending doesn't end with him and his policies. It extends to his wife. She has spent over $10 million of public money on vacations. And her spending doesn't end there. She has more assistants than any other First Lady in history. To top it all off, the salaries of those assistants is notably higher than any previous administration. You can compare Michelle Obama's staffs' salaries to those of Laura Bush's here.

Lawn Signs

Finally, I find it curious as I drive around all areas of Connecticut that the businesses brave enough to display political lawn signs on their property are nearly unanimously for Romney/Ryan (and Linda McMahon, the Republican running for Senate). These are small businesses run by middle class people. Why is it that the people who know how to run a business, and who know a thing or two about money and finances are not supporting the President?

We gave him a chance, and he gave it the "ole college try." His best wasn't good enough and it's time for new leadership.

Honestly, I'd be amazed if anyone has joined me for this entire adventure. You've read my opinions. What are yours?

1 comment:

The V's said...

I have read you entire "adventure" and find it thought provoking and well written! I appreciate the insight and the background you provide. It is a timely wake up call to those around us! Thank You!