Thursday, December 01, 2005

A couple of queries

John Kerry: Mr. Kerry, could you please explain to me the difference between a "Artificial withdrawal date" and an "Estimated timetable for success." Because they sound an awful lot like the same thing to me!

Larry Luccino: Mr. Luccino, please tell me that what I heard about you thinking of trading Manny Ramirez to the Angels for three prospects isn't true. Because if it is, here's my question: Why would you trade the best right handed hitter in the American League to a team for prospects when you traded ours away already? If you wanted prospects why didn't you keep the ones we had!?

Me: Question: Why is it that I have a hard time believing an actor or actress who is known to be gay when they are playing a straight part, but not such a hard time believing an actor or actress who is straight playing a gay part? Example: Anne Heche in Six Days Seven Nights vs Oliver Platt in Three to Tango.

Everyone: The Queen of Hearts posed an excellent question this morning. She asked: "Do you think Solomon knew about his parents?" (Solomon being the child of David and Bathsheba after David had Uriah killed). So, what do you think? Did he?

Well, even though it doesn't look like it, but even in this post something is exposed and it's just my opinion.

5 comments:

tchittom said...

My guess is that he did. It probably wouldn't have been difficult to ask around, even as late as after David's death. Plus, there is that mention in Matthew about Bathsheba, Uriah's wife.

tchittom said...

of course QE posed an excellent question! (Hope she's feeling better)

Marc said...

That's QofH here, Thom. QE on YOUR blog!

tchittom said...

But I have my own QofH, and, besides, it probably wouldn't be proper. ps. Due to ankle, I'm home today & tomorrow. Perfect evening last night, a bone once broken, etc.

Marc said...

Glad to hear about last night. Hope to hear more!