Monday, April 10, 2006

"Iran", twice.

So, Iran has basically announced to the world that should they become a nuclear (or Nucular, depending on your party *smirk*) country, they intend to wipe Israel off the map.

While I agree with most of the people in the world, that we should not be moving towards a military solution at this point, let us hypothesize that the diplomacy breaks down and Iran becomes nuclear and is clearly moving to destroy Israel. Here is my question:

What should America's response be if there is an immanent attack on Israel? Further things to consider: If you feel that we should defend our ally, do we do it before or after the first tactical Nuke is launched from Iran?

I do not yet have any opinion on this (does this, then, not fall under "just my opinion?") but I would truly like to hear what all of you think regarding this (especially those who feel we should not have gone into Iraq in the first place. I can't explain how I feel that they are connected, but somehow I see them as similar.)

Please comment with a response!

Secondarily: While, "I ran" from the Red Sox merchandise this year, I did see a very intelligent Red Sox fan the other day. This woman was wearing a Red Sox jersey and I was interested to see which player it was. As she passed I saw that the back of her jersey was conspicuously blank! Then I realized: This makes perfect sense! The team will probably be entirely different within the next 2 years anyway, so save money and leave the name and number off the jersey! While I don't agree with supporting the team in this way, at least this fan had her finger on the pulse of the front office and spent her money wisely!

At least this part is just my opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could totally be wrong about this as this information came from a person, rather than actually remembering the newscast myself. Several years ago when Israel and Palestine "negotiated" their agreement with land separation, I seem to remember the US mediating it. I also seem to remember the US promising to force Palestine to uphold their end of the deal and protect Israel if the need were to arise. I would assume that this offer of protection should then be extended to Iran, especially since we want to avoid the whole nuclear thing. It also seems that since Iran was preaching about how wrong it was for us to invade Iraq, and that we're just big meanies, they are giving us the finger by making this threat. Not to say that we should go in immediately with guns blazing, but I think we should make our presence known right away if our intention is to protect.