Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May "Just Your Opinion" results

Question: What do you think of "The DaVinci Code?"
Results:
    I think it is mostly true and its facts should be investigated.
      0 votes (0%)
    I think it is a purposeful attack against the church.
      1 vote (11.1%)
    I think it is a good chance to educate people regarding the truth of Jesus.
      1 vote (11.1%)
    I think it needs to be boycotted.
      0 votes (0%)
    I can't believe there is this much fuss over a fictional book.
      7 votes (77.8%)
    I haven't made up my mind yet.
      0 votes (0%)
    The what?
      0 votes (0%)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd like to officially change my vote. I've been thinking a lot about this lately, based on a variety of discussions with family members who have both read and seen the movie. I think the question that keeps coming to my mind is "Why write a book like Da Vinci code?" What merit is there in either writing or reading this book and or seeing this movie? Is it not an attack against the character of my Lord? If this book/movie were an attack at my husband, father or friend's character I would certainly not consider it entertainment. So, rather than a "what's all the fuss" vote - I'm offically sliding over into the "purposeful attack against the church" position. But that's just my opinion.

Truth be told, Marc, I was actually wondering the other day what you think about this whole question.

Anonymous said...

I voted with the majority on this. I've read the book, and its prequel, and think they are both excellent. If you are intelligent enough to distinguish between truth and fiction, they are great reads. I will admit that I'm dreading seeing the movie as it is likely to disappoint since I have already read the book.