Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dryer Lint

That's right, you read the title of this post correctly. I'm musing on dryer lint (that would be a really cool band name) and other things that are needlessly taking up brain cells.

Dryer Lint: Why is it that, no matter what I put in the dryer: be it towels, colors, sheets, or shoes, the lint caught in the screen is always the same color? I could throw in a single, white, lint free item and at the end of the cycle the lint catcher will be caked with that grey, woolly lint that peels off like it's home made paper! Something tells me there are lint gnomes living in my dryer, cursing every time I use it because they lose more and more of their abodes to the evil lint screen!

Roger Clemens: Yes, a sports post, but a brief one. Consider this: Roger Clemens (returning to the Houston Astros) will be 44 this year. That is amazing longevity for an MLB pitcher. He has missed the first 52 games of this season. The new penalty for a first time positive steroids test is a 50 game suspension. Also, he has admitted that he doesn't know how good he is going to be this year. Could all of this be due to a surreptitious suspension by the MLB brass and a knowledge that The Rocket won't be able to use his quick recovery booster? Just something to ponder.

Minority Report: (Yes, the one starring Tom Cruise.) This is a great movie. I just have one beef with the plot: The fact that the Pre-Cog sees Anderton (Cruise) kill the man is what sets Anderton on the path that leads him to the place where he has the opportunity to do so. If the Pre-Cog hadn't seen the incident, it never would have happened. Hence: the Pre-Cogs viewing of the murder caused it to happen. So how did the Pre-Cog see it if it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't seen it? Oh well. When dealing with time viewing/travel, Hollywood just can't quite get it right. I really need to write my screenplay to see if others can find those inconsistencies in my plot structure.

Bonds: (I'm really sick of writing about him, so there will probably be only one more after this) I just wanted to briefly point out that Bonds is suing the writers of the book that calls him out for his steroid usage (Game of Shadows) for using classified grand jury testimony as evidence for their publication. He is not suing for defamation of character. This means one thing: Barry is admitting that he has done steroids. If he didn't take steroids then his grand jury testimony was perjury as proven by his actions in suing the authors for using it. So there are your choices, Barry: Either you are innocent of taking steroids and you perjured yourself and are facing jail time. Or you took steroids and you deserve to be catapulted out of baseball for good. So Barry: deal, or no deal?

Just some thoughts that ramble through my head while I ponder other serious matters. Don't forget: They are all just my opinion.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Update: Bonds is no longer suing the authors to this book. Looks like he read my post! Cheater.