Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NFL Power Rankings Week 8

What a week Just My Opinion: Just the Facts had! Every team that was ranked last week won except the one team that played another team in the top ten, and the higher ranked team came out on top of that match-up. JMO:JTF was perfect for week 8! There's some reshuffling of the rankings, but, for the first time this season, no one falls off the list:

1)New England (8-0) Last week: 1
    This is it. NE vs Indy. Battle of the Titans (no offense TN.) Ares vs Mars, Sasquatch vs Big Foot, Coke vs Pepsi. The winner of this weeks match-up will immediately be the recipient of a miriad of predictions regarding an undefeated season. To be perfectly honest, seeing what NE has done this year (including holding the 'skins scoreless until the final 3 minutes of the game) vs what Indy's accomplished (like beating TN by 2). I no longer see it as a question of who will win. The question I pose now is by how much will the Patriots win? My answer? 20 points.
2)Indianapolis (7-0) Last week: 2
    A convincing win over Vinny T and Carolina. After week 9 you shall be among the top ranked teams at 7-1 unless you are able to locate and exploit a weakness in NE that many better minds than my own have been unable to recognize.
3)Dallas (6-1) Last week: 4
    You moved up on your bye because someone above you moved down. See if you can stay here next week.
4)Green Bay (6-1) Last week: 3
    You only needed one play in over time to beat Denver. Why couldn't you get it done during regulation? You did what Pitt did last week, you allowed Denver to hang around late and it nearly burned you. Not being unable to buck off the Broncos in 60 minutes drops you a notch this week.
5)Pittsburgh (5-2) Last week: 6
    Not so much what you accomplished as it is what a team above you failed to accomplish. You did what you should have done, beat a weaker team by at least 10 points. Good job.
6)New York Giants (6-2) Last week: 5
    Ok, I understand you had to play football in front of 10,000 people who don't understand it. I understand that you had to play in the rain, and I understand that you had to play in a stadium that's named after a Fraggle. But, come on, you played Miami! You couldn't beat them by more than 3 points?! Be glad you didn't fall more that one spot!
7)Jacksonville (5-2) Last week: 9
    Wow. Tampa Bay has been my big "new guy" killer. I put a team on the list and Tampa Bay takes them off. You managed to hold off the curse by defeating them by 1 point. Truthfully, though, they are basically the 11th team on the list so it's no small task to send them home with a loss.
8)Detroit (5-2) last week: 10
    Just as the Bears were starting to heat up and you were starting to cool down you hold them to a single score! Granted you only had 16 points of your own, but that's why you only rose to the eigth spot. Still, good win, keep it up.
9)Tennessee (5-2) Last week: 7
    Oakland held you to 13 points?! You, who came within less than a field goal of beating Indy, were held to 1 TD by the silver and black? And you only beat them by 4? That'll cost you a few spots on this list.
10)Washington (4-3) Last week: 8
    Many will question this ranking. You were beaten 52-7 and yet you get to stay? The problem is two fold, I can't fully fault you that you were knocked silly by a team that's taking their aggression out for the whole Jets filming debacle on everyone they play and I think that you'd beat any team that's not on the list. There's nothing else for me to do but place you at the bottom of the best.
Off: Nobody: I'm still surprised by that. (and I didn't keep Washington on just so I could say it. Which team not on the list would Washington fall to?) What a week, let's see if the list can hold it's own against the constant surprise called the NFL this week!

Still counting down the days till NE v INDY! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Melissa D said...

My husband is always amazed when I speak so confidently about the week's games. Little does he know that I subscribe to your blog! :) Thanks for your insight!

Marc said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure if my power rankings were even something I should have continued as it seemed that I was the only one interested!

Great photographs, by the way!