Saturday, July 26, 2008

Voting Booth, Volume V

Back to the drawing board

If John McCain wants to have a National League team's chance in the All Star Game of winning the election (The NL has lost the last 11 All Star games) he needs to get someone working on his campaign signs... fast!

Not that his sign is terrible:


Simple. Legible. Boring. Forgettable!

You see, Obama thought outside the box. He didn't go with a run-of-the-mill campaign sign. He obviously hired a graphic designer. He clearly gave them parameters (I want it uber-American. Incorporate the flag if you can. I want it to say "Middle America" and have a sense of hope.) Bulls-eye:
Simple. Memorable. Recognizable. Iconic!

When I juxtapose these two signs I feel like McCain might as well inscribe "I'm really old" on his and Obama "I'm the candidate of the future" on his. This is a huge advantage very early on for the Obama campaign and if McCain wants to keep this close he'd better answer with an image of his own!

I'm not claiming to be an artist, but here is my view of something that might balance the yard sign scales:


Readable. Not Stodgy. Eye Catching. Unexpected!

Just as the "O" from Obama has been singled out as an image for signs and buttons, so the "C" from this sign. Both signs are patriotic, forward thinking, yet respectable and trustworthy.

Feel free to copy any image here posted and display them in support of your candidate. Perhaps if enough people create buttons for my image it will be accepted as the official grass roots image of John McCain.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Interesting post and nice artwork!
Just adding my thought that I haven't seen a single McCain poster/bumper sticker yet. Or maybe I just haven't noticed them. However, I've seen Obama's stuff everywhere. Maybe because the aesthetics appeal to my eye? I hadn't thought of that.

Anonymous said...

Open ended question here... I can see from your posts that you are anti-Obama for reasons such as his youth and inexperience, but I haven't seen much in the way of a defense for McCain, other than his experience. Any concerns over his age? Any concerns over his "100 years in Iraq" perspective on the war? Any thoughts/confessions on your opinion about the Lieberman endorsement? Any thoughts on McCain/Bush status quo vs. Obama's promise of change?

Thanks! :-)

Marc said...

Seriously? Obama's "Promise of Change?" The reason that I don't have anything to say against Obama's views, stances, or platforms is because he doesn't have any. Everytime he talks he says a whole lot of nothing. "Change you can believe in!" What change? What do you want to do other than raise taxes so that the gov't can screw up another necessary service: Healthcare? Stop being a coward and get into a debate!

100 years in Iraq? I would ask you, oh army child: How long have we been in Germany? Japan? Cuba? I have no problem establishing a base in another country, and anyone that does has to call for the removal of all others.

I like that Lieberman has endorsed McCain. Makes McCain look more like the maverick he used to be. That's the man I want to vote for.

The Bush/McCain status quo is a straw man set up by Obama and his lacky's to frighten people into voting against John. McCain has shown that he does not intend to continue down the same path Bush has forged.

You are right, my current support of McCain is more a vote against Obama than a vote for John.

You aren't seriously considering Barack, are you?

Russamoto said...

Hmmm....I think your sigh would be better if it included the Golden Arches.