Monday, April 20, 2009

I Am A "Right-Wing Extremist"

At least, according to Janet Napolitano, the head of homeland security, I am.

And you might be too!

You may have heard the hubbub over Napolitano stating that returning Veterans would be targeted by these "Right-Wing Extremest" groups as possible recruits, and how up in arms the Veterans, and those who support them, were.

Not willing to just take someone's word for it, I found the declassified report. Low and behold, not only does it say that disgruntled veterans would be prime targets, but it also says that I am one, too! The report states:
Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.
Here we must note a few things. First, true to Washington's absolute narcissism, the only "government" that matters is the federal government. According to this paragraph, those that are "antigovernment" "reject federal authority in favor of state..." Apparently, state government doesn't exist. Second, did you find the immigration bias in this paragraph? I'm sure "Right-Wing Extremists" don't oppose immigration, but rather illegal immigration. Based on context elsewhere in the report, illegal immigration is listed as simply "immigration." As JMO has stated before, I refuse to refer to illegal aliens as "immigrants" as that term implies paperwork, visas, and law. As opposed to wire cutters, dark clothes, and the circumvention of the law

Now, while I don't fall into the hate category. I definitely favor state authority over federal authority and I am defiantly in opposition to abortion and illegal immigration.

Truth be told, my stat counter has already registered a hit from the House of Representatives.Maybe they are keeping an eye on me! Little do they know, I am keeping an eye on them!

I also had to chuckle that, according to this report, if you are a "Right-Wing Extremist" you are automatically breaking the law. Read this sentence:
Open source reporting of wartime ammunition shortages has likely spurred rightwing extremists—as well as law-abiding Americans—to make bulk purchases of ammunition.
That's right, "Rightwing Extremists" as well as law abiding citizens ~ And ne'er the twain shall meet.

To recap: I appose abortion. I favor states rights over federal authority, I oppose illegal immigration. Therefore, according to this report, I am a potential threat to the government. Are you?

2 comments:

Troy said...

Since I agree with you on all of the issues you mentioned this article, I can only assume that...hold on, someone's knocking at my door.

Marc said...

I laughed really hard at that Troy. ... Troy?