Thursday, April 09, 2009

300

Three years, seven months, twenty-five days.
Just under 44 months
Three days over 190 weeks
One thousand three hundred thirty-three days.
Thirty-one thousand nine hundred ninety-two hours

That is how long it has taken me to reach my three hundredth post.

Don't be fooled! This is not a review of the movie 300. This is my third "Let's look back" episode!

My first one hundred only took seven months, twenty-seven days

The next were posted over a period of one year, nine months, eighteen days

The most recent one hundred took one year, two months, and eleven days

These past 100 posts have seen some milestones!
  • The birth of my beautiful daughter!

  • The beginning of my wonderful wife's blog: It's Called Guilt

  • The most comments on a single post
    (52 sparked by Intelligent Design, blowing the previous record of 39 on a post about immigration out of the water)

  • The addition of high-speed Internet at home (leading to a great increase in photos being used to improve the JMO experience)

Here is just a quick review of the subject matter covered over the past 100 posts. (the link is to my favorite post in each category):

Politics won with 21 posts
Of those
12 of them were episodes of the "Voting Booth"
7 were aimed squarely at Obama, and
4 were about the economy

Sports was second with 20 posts
12 of them were about the NFL

General Culture grabbed 10 posts
15 were movie review posts (multiple reviews on a single post totalled 18 reviews)

As with all "Flashbacks" one has to pull out their favorite moment, Ross' leather pants from friends, the nose-slap from Cheers, and the following from JMO's "Holiday Compromise":

You will not have December 25th off and while you are working you will not be earning double time.


Clearly the day has no meaning for you. I don't take Rosh Hashanah off. I'm working on the Summer Solstice. I don't sleep late on Eid Al-Fitr. I don't stay up till midnight on January 25th. You don't get my religious holiday off. Now, if it's your argument that exchanging gifts with loved ones on the 25th day of the 12th month is cultural and that's why you should get the day off, then that would be called "Christmas."

Now, one can only have so many of these without introducing something new in them. I believe I've reached that limit. Here is a new thought that you haven't read yet on JMO:

Dunkin Donuts has an ad campaign out right now that cracks me up. The children are in a dim living room watching cartoons. Hulu would be glad because they are transfixed, clearly rotting their brains.

Enter: Dad. He's returning home after a visit to Dunkin Donuts. Magically, the hypnotic trance of the television is broken. The children rush into a brightly lit kitchen and feast on the dozen doughnuts their father has purchased. In the background, the family dog is being unwillingly drawn in by the power of the TV.

The message of the ad? Hey kids, stop watching that crap, come over here and eat this crap!

If you like what you've seen over these last 300 posts, let me know! Want to see more of something? Less of something else? Here's to another hundred episodes of Just My Opinion!

3 comments:

Queen of Hearts said...

Congrats on 300! "And many more..." Love you.

Dawn said...

Looking forward to the next 100! I love these review posts.

Malina said...

Wow 300! I am proud of you! I love reading...well, most everything you write. You're probably the only way I keep up with current events and politics. I like reading your blogs about religion too.