Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Translation, Please?

Ever notice how toddlers and young children seem to be speaking another language, and yet their parents somehow understand them?

Such is the case with our little Full House. His vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds, he is speaking in full sentences, and he is finding creative ways to let us know what he is talking about. While, on one hand he is an excellent speaker and everyone he interacts with finds it easy to communicate with him; on the other hand, he does say a few things that could pass for other, sometimes humorous, words or phrases.

Below is a pictorial quiz to see how well you can speak "Full House-ese." The pictures are visual representations of what it sounds like he is saying. Can you determine what he means?

The first comment on this post will be what one might hear when he speaks, the "literal translation" if you will. Later in the week, I'll put the answers of what he actually means. See how well you can do. Feel free to put your answers in comments and let us all know if you used just the picture, or the picture and the explanation, to form your guess.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)
Happy guessing. Don't forget: The first comment is the "literal translation" of each picture and check back later for what he is really saying!

5 comments:

Marc said...

Here are the "literal translations":

1)Parrot Chute
2)Whole Jew
3)Emu Lance
4)Tackle! Tackle! Tackle!
5)Little Allen 'n ice

Are they helpful?

Anonymous said...

Ok. Here's what I had:

1) Slide weed -- which was going to be sorry... Parrot Chute... parachute?

2) I thought it was "not half jewish whole jewish." I'm guessing Jewish is Juice and, like my little man, he doesn't not appreciate it being watered down!

3)I thought it was Ostrich Spear or Joust... but I was very unsure about the Ostrich... so... Emu Lance... Ambulance!!

4)I thought it was huddle, shows you how much football I watch! hhhmm.. Tickle! Tickle! Tickle!

5) Little Allen n' ice... I didn't get beyond the ice on that one.... hhmm ... no clue, not matter how fast I say it!

So, how close am I???

Marc said...

Very close. Perhaps even correct on some. The answers will be coming soon.

Any other takers?

Anonymous said...

Ok... we have another shot at number 5 is it... Little Einsteins? This is a guess from my Interpreter... aka... Kara.

Marc said...

Alright, I've given everyone enough time. Here are the answers:

1)Parachute
2)Hold you (Full house thinks this is one word and says it when he means to say "hold me." For example, "I want daddy to hold you.")
3)Ambulance (And, truthfully, he'd already mastered this word when I put up this post, but it was too cute to omit.)
4)Tickle! Tickle! Tickle! (He loves to tickle and tackle daddy, so it's understandable that the words are interchangable.)
5) (This was a tough one!) Italian ice! (What he says is probably closest to "lit-lah-lian Ice" but I couldn't resist putting Allen Iverson in ice!)

Hope you had fun! Now you can consider yourself fulent in "Full House-ese!"