Friday, May 22, 2009

The Nissan

With all of the failing car companies in the news, I can't help but wonder why people buy Nissans.

Noun 1. Nissan - the seventh month of the civil year; the first month of the ecclesiastic year (in March and April) in the Hebrew calendar.

Here's why I ask: When I think of all of the things a car could focus on, I don't think there is a Nissan that is primary for any of them!

A Nissan isn't known for being:

Reliable like the Honda Accord or a Saturn
Safe like a Volvo
Fuel efficient like the Honda Civic or the Toyota Prius
Powerful like the Sliverado, Ram, Bronco, or Tacoma
a Muscle-car like the Mustang
a Family mobile like the Dodge Grand Caravan or Plymouth Voyager
a Chick magnet like the Mitsubishi Mirage or Eclipse
Luxurious like a BMW, Infinity, or an Audi
a Status symbol like a Lexus or a Jaguar
Stereotypical like the El Camino or the Monte Carlo
Eco-friendly like the Yaris
Sporty like the Pontiac Bonneville or Corvette
Versatile like the Subaru Outback or Ford Edge
Fun like the Dodge Neon or VW Passat
Classic like the Toyota Corolla or VW Bug
Aesthetically pleasing like a Ferrari or an Eagle Vision
an Old Person car like a Cadillac, Oldsmobile, or Lincoln

In fact, the only category that I could come up with that a Nissa might be first in would be "Nissan-y." But even in that category I might put the Mazda G6 as more "like a Nissan" than a Nissan.

So, please, why would anyone purchase a Nissan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me... you're missing the Soccer Mom Mobile -- the SUV -- my Nissan Pathfinder is one among many in the pick up lines at school and at the soccer fields.

Seriously though... you're find of right. My Pathfinder doesn't sit more people than my Honda Accord did and it gets WAY worse gas mileage. If it hadn't been gifted to us, I probably wouldn't have picked it.