Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not Gonna Mumbai it!

If you hop on over to The Queen of Hearts' most recent post, you'll read about the frustrating situation that is our home Internet.

In an effort to remove this consternation from our home, I've been calling about high speed Internet and various other solutions. I'm shopping around. Every time I call I'm transferred to a sales department filled with well trained people trying to get me to buy their product over the phone right then and there.

Allow me to provide a small hint to some of those companies:

DON'T OUTSOURCE YOUR
SALES
DEPARTMENT TO INDIA!

Nothing sets me against your company faster than a digital connection with someone with a thick Indian accent who is calling himself "Mike" or "Dave"! Maybe if you were to give me your service free of charge, I might consider it.

I understand outsourcing your customer service. Your customers already have your service, know what you provide and are probably mostly happy with it. Few people will cancel because the customer service has been outsourced. However, If you outsource your sales department you are outsourcing your first impression. Bad idea.

I will not purchase Direct TV nor will I patronize The Dish Network, both of whom attempted to sell me their product from India.

Employ Americans and more Americans will purchase your service.

No comments: