Sunday, March 08, 2009

Saying Hello

Since January 24th, we've totally revamped our fleet of vehicles. We had a white '93 Honda Accord and a (borrowed) grey '87 Oldsmobile 98. Now we have a red '93 Honda Accord and a red '97 Eagle Vision.

Prayer works. Since I married the woman of my dreams we've owned four vehicles:
A white '93 Honda Accord
A red '93 Honda Accord
A red '95 Mitsubishi Mirage
A red '97 Eagle Vision

Three of these cars were given to us. I've prayed for free cars and God has answered.

Our most recent free car was the red '93 Honda Accord.

It's a standard. I like standards. Not only that, however, it recently reached an amazing milestone!

That's right. Three hundred thousand miles! That's quite a feat! And I think I can squeeze another, oh, hundred thousand out of it!

Here are our new cars!

The Vision
The Accord
We've kept the white '93 because, apart from the transmission, it's identical to the red one. If anything goes on the red Accord, we've got the part ready and waiting!

At one point we had over 1 million miles parked in our driveway!
'97 Vision:.......... 104537
'95 Mitsubishi:..... 154477
white '93 Accord:.. 242578
'87 Oldsmobile 98 : 247832
...the Vision needed some work
red '93 Accord:.... 300054
Grand total: ....1,049,478

I think we are finally at a place where we are both very happy with the cars in our drive way! And I don't think that's just my opinion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should move to Tennessee, all you need now are the cinder blocks! L.

Dawn said...

That is REMARKABLE.

You should youtube me & Dave's favorite episode of How I Met Your Mother, from season 2, when Marshall's beloved Fiero crosses a big milestone (punny!). It's hilarious!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I thought it crazy how you guys were constantly given cars...and amazing, one of those "it would never happen to me though," type of things. Well, let me second that "prayer works." I went the last month of my pregnancy and first 3 months of my baby girl's life without a car, and then..poof, one was given to us. Really, it wasn't "poof" though, it was a gift from God, an answer to my desperate pleas. Who cares what it looks or sounds like?! I can go places now....outside of my imagination!!!

Melissa said...

Gotta love the Accord. I finally sold my 92 last summer for $1,500 with over 200k miles on it. And I know it is still going since I frequently drive by the new owner's house. It had no heat and an a/c leak but it was so good to us. I was sad to part with it. In the 6 years that we have been married we have owned 6 cars. I feel your pain.

Marc said...

Who gave you fifteen hundred for a 92 with 200K?! Or perhaps a better question is: You don't feel guilty taking $1500 for a 92 with 200K?! You better be tithing MOST of that! :P