Thursday, September 08, 2005

Are you ready for some football?

This is it! The 2005-2006 NFL regular season begins today in Foxboro as the Two-Time Super Bowl Defending New England Patriots take on the Oakland Raiders!

So, now is the time that the "professionals" select who they think is going to win this season's Super Bowl. So I'm asking us non-professionals to do the same thing. Please comment with who you think will win the Super Bowl. There is one rule: No Homering! You are not allowed to select you're favorite team! You can mention them, you can even mention that you think they are going to win it all, but you must also select another team! Apu: No picking the Pats, Mudflaps: The Giants are not an option, Prime Minister: Bye bye Bengals!

I'll go first: I truly think the Patriots will win their third in a row, but to obey my own rule: If the Pats don't win, it will be the Baltimore Ravens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The, uh, Bears are gonna win. But if not them, your mom.

Anonymous said...

I have been been reliably informed by my cabinet that The Carolina Panthers will be bringing home the Superbowl this year.

Apu said...

Packers win, their division stinks, so they just have to show up and win that. no Defense is a problem, but that's why they have Favre to throw for 3 TD's every game this season!

Marc said...

I'd like to update my previous post. If it is not the Patriots (whom it will be, see post regarding why they will win (Sports rants)) it will be the New Orlean Saints. They feel like they have something to win for!