Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The power of Justice

The gaseous windbag that oh so many Massachusetts residents have repeatedly elected to the Senate amazed this US history buff by announcing just how much power a Justice on the Supreme Court has!

According to Senator Kennedy, if confirmed, Judge Alito will single handedly re-instate slavery, force women to reside in the kitchen, slowly murder the elderly, segregate the school system, and steal from the poor! Wow! Can I be Chief Justice?! I'd declare the Democratic Party illegal! I'd demand that all sports teams reserve two tickets for me at every game! I'd announce that I am supreme dictator of America! What is there to stop me? (Insert maniacal laughter here....)

Oh, yeah, the Constitution! I guess I forgot, oh, and so did "Senator" Kennedy. He claims that Judge Alito is "the wrong judge at the wrong time for the wrong court." Doesn't a triple negative equal and absolute positive? Something like that.

Here's the deal, Mr. Kennedy. A President has the right to nominate a qualified jurist. That is why the Communist Ruth Bader Ginsberg received 96 approval votes from the Senate! The Republicans weren't excited about voting for a former ACLU lawyer, but they understood that the people elected the President and he has the right to nominate whomever he sees fit. And if that person is qualified (For example: not Cindy Sheehan) then the Congress has an obligation to confirm that person. It has nothing to do with approving of their stance, or agreeing with their political views. That's why it's called a confirmation vote, not an approval vote! Judge Alito is clearly qualified to hold this position. I think he proved it when he embarrassed you at the Supreme Court hearings! The people of America elected this President knowing that these seats were going to open. Stop trying to rule America! Let the people speak!

How many times does Mr. Kennedy have to prove that he is not qualified to serve before we as a people oust him from power!? Here's my slogan: "Anyone but Kennedy whenever he's up for re-election!"

But, hey, that's just my opinion.

1 comment:

tchittom said...

Good post, Marc. I hadn't thought at all about the difference between confirming and approving. Good point.